|Toronto Police Service|
Traffic fatality #13/2013, Yonge Street, north of Gerrard Street
Monday, May 6, 2013 - 10:15 AM
51 Division: 416-808-1900
On Saturday, May 4, 2013, at 2:50 p.m., police responded to a personal-injury collision on Yonge Street, north of Gerrard Street.
It is reported that:
- a 42-year-old man was driving a 2003 Suzuki GSX600F motorcycle northbound on the Yonge Street, north of Gerrard Street
- the driver of the motorcycle changed lanes, to the curb lane, to pass a slowing vehicle
- a pedestrian, a 21-year-old woman, stepped into the northbound curb lane of Yonge Street and was struck by the motorcycle
- the motorcyclist became separated from his bike and struck a light pole
- the motorcycle continued to roll north and mounted the east sidewalk, where it struck another pedestrian
The driver was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries and later died.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Constable Wendy Drummond, Corporate Communications, for Constable Hugh Smith, Traffic Services