Arrest made in Attempt Murder investigation, Oak Street and Regent Street area, One man and one young person arrested, Both face multiple charges
Friday, July 26, 2019 - 1:15 PM
51 Division: 416-808-5100
The Toronto Police would like to advise the public of two arrests made in an Attempt Murder investigation.
On Wednesday, July 17, 2019, at 10:10 p.m., Police responded to the sound of gunshots in the area of Oak Street and Regent Street.
It is alleged that:
- two males, both armed with firearms, fired several shots at a moving vehicle which contained three occupants
- several shots struck the vehicle, however none of the vehicle's occupants were injured
- both male suspects fled the area on foot
- officers from 51 Division commenced an investigation and identified both male shooters
On Thursday, July 18, 2019, Mohammad Shafiq, 18, and a Young Person were arrested.
Both have been charged with:
1. Three counts of Attempt Murder
2. Use firearm in the commission of an offence
3. Point Firearm
4. Discharge with Intent
5. Reckless Discharge of a Firearm
6. Unauthorized possession of a firearm
7. Careless Use and Storage of a Firearm
8. Possession of a restricted Firearm
9. Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized
They were scheduled to appear in court on Friday, July 19, 2019, at College Park Courts, at 10:00 a.m.
Two firearms were located at the time of the arrest.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
***Please refer to Section 110, Subsection 1, of the YCJA:
110. (1) Subject to this section, no person shall publish the name of a young person, or any other information related to a young person, if it would identify the young person as a young person dealt with under this Act.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Abdullah Nuri, 51 Division