Break and Enter investigation, Jarvis Street and Mount Pleasant Road area, World War II Medals Stolen
Monday, January 14, 2019 - 2:00 PM
51 Division: 416-808-5100
The Toronto Police Service requests the public's assistance with a Break and Enter investigation.
It was reported that:
- in the early morning hours of Saturday, January 12, 2019, suspect(s) entered a residence in the Jarvis Street and Mount Pleasant Road area
- numerous items were stolen, including a box containing six World War II medals
- the box was located a short distance away however the medals were missing
The stolen medals included:
- War Medal 1939-1945 (silver medal, 1.42" diameter)
- 1939-1945 Star
- France & Germany Star
- Defence Medal
- Canadian Volunteer Service Medal
- Military Medal
Photos are attached.
Police are asking people in the Jarvis and Bloor area to keep any eye out for these medals in case they were also discarded or are being made available for resale and contact police with any information.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online atwww.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Detective Sergeant Sean Thrush, 51 Division
|Canadian Volunteer Service Medal|
|Defence Medal & Military Medal|
|France & Germany Star, 1939-1945 Star|