TPS Homicide updates investigation into Yonge Street tragedy
Friday, April 27, 2018 - 3:45 PM
At a news conference in the media gallery at headquarters at 3 p.m., on Friday, April 27, 2018, Homicide Inspector Bryan Bott updated the media on the investigation into the Yonge Street tragedy.
Inspector Bott released the names of the deceased:
1) Beutis Renuka Amarasingha, 45, Toronto
2) Andrea Bradden, 33, Woodbridge
3) Geraldine Brady, 83, Toronto
4) So He Chung, 22, Toronto
5) Anne Marie D’Amico, 30, Toronto
6) Mary Elizabeth Forsyth, 94, Toronto
7) Ji Hun Kim, 22, Toronto
8) Dorothy Sewell, 80, Toronto
9) Chul Min Kang, 45, Toronto
10) Munir Abdo Habib Najjar, 85, Toronto
Updating the investigation, Inspector Bott said, "The response from the public has been overwhelming. Investigators have interviewed 170 witnesses as of this morning and have in excess of 100 interviews to be completed. I would like to thank the members of the public who have accessed the Toronto Police Service Web portal. We currently have 100-plus images that have been uploaded.
To view the news conference, click here.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Bryan Bott, Homicide