Sunday, April 19, 2015, Toronto Yonge Street 10K Run, Road closures
Friday, April 17, 2015 - 6:59 AM
Public Safety - Special Events: 416-808-5049
On Sunday, April 19, 2015, the annual Toronto Yonge Street 10K run will take place at 9 a.m. The run will start from Yonge Street and Castlefield Avenue, and continue south on Yonge Street, west on Richmond Street West, south on Peter Street/Blue Jays Way, west on Front Street West, south on Bathurst Street., and west on Fort York Boulevard., which is the finish line/dispersal area.
As a result of the event, a full road closure will take place on Yonge Street., Richmond Street West, Peter Street/Blue Jays Way, Front Street west, Bathurst Street and Fort York Boulevard. A number of secondary roads will also be closed or partially closed, affecting traffic flow in the area.
The formation area will take place at Yonge Street, from Lawrence Avenue West to Broadway Avenue, from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The running route will be:
- Yonge Street, from Broadway Avenue to King Street
- Richmond Street West, from Yonge Street to Peter Street
- Peter Street/Blue Jays Way, from Richmond Street West to Front Street West
- Front Street West, from Blue Jays Way to Bathurst Street
- Bathurst Street, from King Street West to Lake Shore Boulevard
- Fort York Boulevard, from Bathurst Street to LakeShore Boulevard
- Fleet Street, from Strachan Avenue to Fort York Boulevard
The dispersal area will be at Fort York Boulevard, from Bathurst Street to Lake Shore Boulevard West, from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
TTC service will be disrupted during the event. The Yonge Street 97-320 bus will be diverted using streets to the east and west, such as Mount Pleasant Road, Avenue Road and Bay Street
This event will take place regardless of weather conditions. Members of the public should anticipate traffic disruptions in the area.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Alan Gray, Special Events Planning