Public Safety Alert, Toyota theft investigations, Safety advice provided
Friday, April 17, 2015 - 1:34 PM
33 Division: 416-808-3304
As of January 2015, 33 Division has experienced a large number of Toyota vehicles that have been stolen from their driveways. To date, 13 vehicles have been stolen.
It is believed that the suspect(s) may have access to electronic devices that can bypass the vehicle security system.
Investigators are suggesting the following safety tips to protect your vehicle from theft:
- lock your vehicle with the windows rolled up
- secure your spare key in a safe location and never leave it in the vehicle
- park your vehicle with wheels turned towards the curb
- apply your emergency brakes when parking your vehicle
- park your vehicle in your garage, if possible, and lock the vehicle doors while in the garage
- never leave the vehicle registration in the vehicle
- use a steering-wheel lock
- test both sets of keys after leaving your vehicle with a valet, car wash, or repair shop
People are reminded to call police and report any suspicious activity or suspicious person(s) near their vehicles.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Arash Namayandeh, 33 Division