|Toronto Police Service|
Man faces 20 charges in stabbing investigation, Carlton Street and Church Street area, Police appealing to witnesses
Monday, January 26, 2015 - 1:08 PM
51 Division: 416-808-5100
Police are seeking the public's assistance locating witnesses to stabbings in the Church Street and Carlton Street area.
It is alleged that:
- on Sunday, January 25, 2015, at approximately 8:30 a.m., a man was seen walking in the area armed with a knife
- the man confronted a 18-year-old man and stabbed him in the stomach
- the man then started walking southbound on Church Street, and began to yell at a 45-year-old man who was jogging, then stabbed him above the kidney area
- the man then came across a 19-year-old woman and stabbed her in the rib area
- the man then attempted to stab two more people but they were able to escape
- the man then stabbed a 28-year-old woman in the chest area
Police arrived and were able to locate the man and seized the knife without further incident.
All victims received non-life-threatening injuries.
Shawn O’Neill, 62, of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with the following:
1) four counts of Aggravated Assault
2) six counts of Weapons Dangerous
3) six counts of Assault with a Weapon
4) four counts of Attempted Murder
He was scheduled to appear in court on Monday, January 26, 2015 at 10 a.m., at College Park Courts.
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the stabbing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Staff Sergeant David Murray, 51 Division