Thursday, November 05, 2015
Streetcar overhead rewiring on King between Church and Parliament November 7 to 9
November 5, 2015
Streetcar overhead rewiring
on King between Church and Parliament
Date: November 7 to 9 - Night Work
Content/timeline accurate at time of printing
On the weekend of November 7, weather permitting, TTC electrical crews will be restringing new overhead power wires on King Street between Church Street and Parliament Street.
The overhead wiring upgrade is necessary for the future operation of the TTC’s new accessible streetcars. Over the past two years, electrical crews have been upgrading the overhead wire system along streetcar routes in the TTC network.
Weekend work hours
To complete this overhead work in a safe manner, work will generally take place between 12 a.m. and 5 a.m.
On average, two to three TTC overhead trucks with hydraulic equipment will be used to carry out this work. While efforts will be made by the crew to keep noise to a minimum, beeping sounds from back-up alarms on the TTC trucks will be audible. Illumination from equipment lights may also be noticeable.
Traffic will be maintained through the area with some lane restrictions during the work.
• 504/304 King streetcars will be diverted during the weekend work.
• Eastbound streetcars will be diverted via; east on King Street, north on Church Street, east on Queen Street and north on Broadview Avenue to regular route.
• Westbound streetcars will be diverted via; south on Broadview Avenue, west on Queen Street, south on Church Street and west on King Street to regular route.
• A bus service will also be provided along the 504/304 regular routing both ways between Broadview Station and the King and Simcoe area.
• Diego Sinagoga, Community Liaison, 416-393-2197; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Customer Service, 416-393-3030 (daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps.
• TTY Line, 416-481-2523 (daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed holidays).
Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 or ttc.ca.