Public Safety Alert, Police seek assistance identifying man wanted for Assault, Parliament Street and Queen Street East area
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 2:46 PM
51 Division: 416-808-5100
On Monday, November 9, 2015, between 10:45 p.m. and 11 p.m., two separate assaults took place in the Parliament Street and Queen Street East area.
It is reported that:
- a 23-year-old woman was walking near Queen Street East and Parliament Street at 10:45 p.m.,
- a man asked her for a cigarette
- the woman said, "No"
- the man then slapped her face
- the woman fell to the ground and sustained minor injuries
It is further reported that:
- a 25-year-old woman was walking on the sidewalk near Queen Street East and Trefann Street at 11 p.m.
- a man blocked her path
- she tried to detour around him, but he blocked her path again
- the man then punched the woman
- the woman ran across the street and he chased her
- the woman sustained minor injuries
The man is described as black with a dark complexion, 5'11" - 6'0", 30 - 40, medium build, scruffy facial hair and short black hair. He was was wearing a black winter jacket and dark pants.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS(8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Mary MacNaughton, 51 Division