Homicide #41/2015, Yonge Street and Charles Street area
Sunday, November 1, 2015 - 5:21 PM
On Saturday, October 31, 2015, at 2:25 a.m., police received a call to attend the Yonge Street and Charles Street area.
It is reported that:
- a man appeared to have been shot on Charles Street
- the man then drove away in a vehicle, and was involved in a collision a few moments later
- once on scene, police located the man in a vehicle suffering from obvious trauma
- he was taken to hospital where he was pronounced a short time later
- the cause of death was determined to be a gunshot wound to the chest
The deceased has been identified as Charles Shillingford, 25, of Toronto.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Murray Barnes at 416-808-7400 ext 77406 or by email at Murray.Barnes@Torontopolice.on.ca, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS(8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
The Homicide Squad is continuing to interview witnesses and obtain security camera footage of the area of Yonge Street and Charles Street. Members of the public are urged to call if they have any knowledge of the events surrounding the shooting or subsequent collision.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Murray Barnes, Homicide Squad