Public Safety Alert, Evening residential Break-and-Enters, Crime prevention tipsFriday, September 18, 2015 - 4:23 PM
53 Division: 416-808-5300
Officers from 53 Division would like to advise the public of some recent Break-and-Enters throughout the Division. Some of these have been through open or insecure windows and doors. The Crime Prevention Office would like to provide these tips to improve security and keep your family and your property safe and secure:
- keep your doors and windows secure by locking them, even when in your residence
- when out in the rear yard, keep front and side doors locked properly
- screens do not provide security, they can be easily removed to allow possible entry
- activate your security alarm
- be sure rear sliding doors are secure by putting a board or bar in the track
- these Break-and-Enters may occur in the overnight hours, so please be extra vigilant during the night to lock all doors, windows, activate your security alarm with perimeter setting
- if you are aware of a suspicious vehicle or person in your area, call police.
Using these tips may help keep you and your property safe and secure.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS(8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Timothy Somers, 53 Division