Monday, June 01, 2015
Registration for the City of Toronto's summer swimming and skating programs
City of Toronto Media Relations has issued the following:
News Release: June 1, 2015
Three ways for residents to register for Toronto's summer swim and skate programs
Registration for the City of Toronto's summer swimming and skating programs begins this weekend on Saturday, June 6 at 7 a.m.
Programs fill quickly, so residents are advised to be ready to register at 7 a.m. and have a few backup choices in case their preferred program is already full.
There are three ways to register – online, by phone and in person:
1. Online: Online is the fastest way to register, at http://www.toronto.ca/torontofun.
2. By telephone: Residents can register by phone using touchtone (TTR) buttons and following voice prompts at 416-338-0000, or with operator assistance at 416-338-4386.
3. In person: Locations across Toronto to register in person can be found in the printed FUN Guide or online at http://www.toronto.ca/torontofun.
The following items are required to register:
- Parks, Forestry and Recreation family PIN and individual client numbers are used as account codes, and
- Credit card information for payment.
Family and client numbers are required for each person registering and can be obtained by phone or online:
• by calling Parks, Forestry and Recreation at 416-338-4386 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, or
• by completing a New Family Account Form available online at http://bit.ly/1blt5et and either emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing it to City Hall at 100 Queen St. W., 1st floor, Toronto, M5H 2N2, or faxing it to 416-392-1551. Please allow two days for processing if emailing the form, two weeks if mailing or faxing it.
Online registration and phone registration using voice prompts (TTR) is open from 7 a.m. to midnight seven days a week starting June 6. On June 6, in-person registration will be open from 7 a.m. to noon, and telephone registration with personal assistance will be open from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Registration for After School Recreation Care (ARC) programs for the upcoming school year (September 2015 to June 2016) begins Monday, June 8 at 8:30 a.m.
There are two ways to register for ARC programs:
• by phone with operator assistance at 416-338-4386, or
• in person at Etobicoke Civic Centre, North York Civic Centre, Scarborough Civic Centre or Toronto City Hall.
Residents are advised to have their credit card information ready for payment.
Registration is still open for summer camps. The City of Toronto offers camps to suit everyone's interests, needs and abilities at a reasonable cost. Registration for camps and a listing of Toronto recreation programs is available at http://www.toronto.ca/torontofun.
Yearly credit (Welcome Policy)
The City of Toronto offers a yearly credit called the Welcome Policy for residents with low incomes that can be used to register for any City recreation program. Anyone receiving social assistance (Ontario Works) and living in Toronto is pre-approved to receive this credit – talk to your caseworker. More information about the yearly credit is available at http://www.toronto.ca/wp.
This news release is also available on the City's website: http://bit.ly/1FYdi64
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. It is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture and is consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities. Toronto is proud to be the Host City for the 2015 Pan American and Parapan American Games. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can visit http://www.toronto.ca, call 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or follow us @TorontoComms.
- 30 -
Media contact: Parks, Forestry and Recreation media line, 416-560-8726, email@example.com