Arrest made in armed robbery investigation, Vincenzo Della Medaglia, 50, faces two counts
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 9:18 AM
51 Division: 416-808-7350
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an armed robbery investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, May 16, 2015, at approximately 7:30 p.m., a man entered a convenience store in the King Street East/Church Street area
- he approached the clerk and made a demand for money
- when the clerk did not comply, the man produced a gun and made another demand
- the man fled empty-handed
On Friday, June 12, 2015, officers investigated a man matching the description. He was subsequently arrested.
Vincenzo Della Medaglia, 50, of Toronto, is charged with:
1) Robbery while armed with Firearm
2) Possession of Imitation Weapon
He was scheduled to appear in court on Monday, June 15, 2015, at College Park Court, in courtroom 501.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Staff Inspector Mike Earl, Hold Up