Traffic fatality #33/2017, Sherbourne Street and Dundas Street East, Man, 25, faces three charges
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 - 9:32 AM
Traffic Services: 416-808-1900
On Monday, July 31, 2017, at 7:13 a.m., a fatal collision occurred at Sherbourne Street and Dundas Street East.
It is alleged that:
- a man, 25, driving a black 2014 Honda CRX, travelling south on Sherbourne Street, left the road
- he mounted the west-side sidewalk on Sherbourne Street, just north of Dundas Street, and struck a man, 73
- the driver continued on the sidewalk and struck a man, 49, who was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
- the vehicle came to a stop just south of Dundas Street East on Sherbourne Street
The man, 73, was pronounced at the scene
The driver was arrested at the scene.
Jonathan Power, 25, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) Dangerous driving cause death
2) Dangerous driving cause bodily harm
3) Drive no licence.
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 9 a.m., room 101.
This area is built-up and is a busy part of the city. There are very likely people who may have seen all or part of this incident. Residents, business owners, motorists and witnesses are being asked to review any electronic camera equipment and come forward with any information they may have.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Brett Moore, Traffic Services