Man, 20, arrested in series of weekend robberies, Two men still outstanding
Tuesday, November 8, 2016 - 8:59 AM
Hold Up: 416-808-7350
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an investigation into a series of weekend robberies.
It is alleged that:
- between Friday, November 4, 2016, and Sunday, November 6, 2016, three men committed four hold ups and one robbery, all within 51 Division
- in the hold ups, the men entered retail stores, armed with a knife, went behind the counter area, made a demand, and took money from the registers
- in a bank in the Church Street/Wellesley Street East area, one of the men waited for a customer to make a withdrawal, then demanded his money while armed with a knife
- after a struggle, the customer disarmed the man, sustaining minor injuries
- responding officers searched and located the man
Tristan Clarke, 20, of no fixed address, was arrested and charged with:
1) four counts of Robbery with an Offensive Weapon
3) 20 counts of Fail to Comply with Probation
4) Possession of Property Obtained by Crime - Under ($5000)
He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Monday, November 7, 2016, courtroom 501.
The second male suspect is described as black, 20-25, 5'9"-5'11", 180 lbs., wearing a black-and-yellow baseball cap and black clothing.
The third male suspect is described as white, 20-30, 5'9", 150 lbs., wearing a red baseball cap, red hoodie, and jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Staff Inspector Mike Earl, Hold Up