Police seek assistance identifying seven males involved in Robbery, Judicial authorization given to release photographs, Authorization prohibits publication of photographs after noon, Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 5:11 PM
52 Division: 416-808-5236
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance with a robbery investigation in the Yonge Street and Grenville Street area.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, May 7, 2016, at approximately 10:30 p.m., three women entered a restaurant in the Yonge Street and Grenville Street area
- an unknown male commented on one of the women's shoes
- the three women left the restaurant with their food
- they were followed by four males [one boy and three unidentified males]
- the four pulled one of the women to the ground, punched her, and stole one of her shoes
- they tried to rip her coat off but were unsuccessful
- the four males ran away with the 22-year-old woman's shoe
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016, a 15-year-old boy was arrested and charged with:
He is scheduled to appear in court at 311 Jarvis Street on Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 9 a.m., room 1.
The unidentified males are described as:
Suspect #1: black, 5'10", wearing black zip-up hoodie
Suspect #2: black, 5'7", wearing grey hoodie with navy vest
Suspect #3: black, wearing black hoodie and red shoes
It is further alleged that:
- the three women returned to the restaurant in the Yonge Street and Grenville Street area to try to photograph the suspects on their cell phones
- a second group of four unidentified males attacked the three women
- one of the males grabbed the 24-year-old woman's cell phone and hit her on the head with it multiple times
- one other male tried to grab the 23-year-old woman's purse and punched her in the head
- two other males dragged the 22-year-old woman to the ground and tried to rip her jacket off
- the 24-year-old woman was able to negotiate to get her cell phone back
- police were called and the males ran away
All three women sustained minor injuries.
The other unidentified males are described as:
Suspect #4: black, 5'7", wearing backwards navy baseball cap
Suspect #5: black, 5'6", wearing open, navy, puffy jacket
Suspect #6: black, 5'9", wearing dark-grey hoodie and blue baseball cap
Suspect #7: black, 5'9", carrying brown side satchel
Judicial authorization has been obtained to release the photographs pursuant to Section 110(4) of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. This authorization prohibits any publication of these photographs after it expires at noon, on Tuesday, May 17, 2016, or after arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5236, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Chris Cheung, 52 Division