Police seek assistance with Sexual Assault investigation, Richmond Street East and Church Street area, Police believe there may be other victims
Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 7:52 PM
51 Division: 416-808-7474
The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance with an ongoing Sexual Assault investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Thursday, March 10, 2016, at approximately 6 p.m., a 55-year-old woman was walking in the Richmond Street East and Church Street area.
- she was grabbed and sexually assaulted by a man while walking
- the woman confronted the man who then fled
It is further reported that:
- on Thursday, March 10, 2016, at 6:28 p.m., a 36-year-old woman was walking in the Richmond Street East and Church Street area
- the woman was grabbed and sexually assaulted by a man while walking
- the man fled
The man is described as black, 6’4”, 25-35, large build, black leather jacket, green sweater, blue jeans, clean-shaven or slightly unshaven, short hair.
Police believe there may be other victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Liz Montgomery, Sex Crimes