Man, 29, faces eight charges in Point Firearm investigation, Air gun seized
Monday, August 22, 2016 - 9:33 AM
51 Division: 416-808-5100
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a Point Firearm investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, August 20, 2016, at 9:45 p.m., a group of men was ejected from a bar on Polson Street
- one of the men took exception and threatened to kill the door staff
- the man retrieved a gun from the parking lot, returned to the door staff, and pointed the gun at them, threatening them again
Police were called and arrested the man.
It is further alleged that:
- the gun was a Walther CP99 Compact air gun
Justin Longshaw, 29, of no fixed address, is charged with:
1) two counts of Uttering Threats
2) Carrying Concealed Weapon
3) two counts of Pointing a Firearm
4) Use Imitation Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence
5) Fail to Comply with Probation
6) Obstruct Peace Officer
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Sunday, August 21, 2016, 10 a.m., courtroom 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications