Public Safety Alert, Distraction theft
Friday, July 17, 2015 - 2:58 PM
14 Division: 416-808-1400
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a distraction theft that targeted a senior.
It is reported that:
- on Thursday, July 9, 2015, an 85-year-old woman was walking on Hallam Street, near Gladstone Avenue
- a man and a woman in a car pulled up to the victim
- the female passenger said, "Hi mom," reached out and grabbed the victim's hand, and removed three gold rings
- when the victim tried to stop this, with her other hand, the woman removed a fourth gold ring
- when the victim demanded her rings back, the woman slipped four rings into the victim's purse pocket, and the pair drove away
- the victim later realized the rings were not hers
The women is described as having a brown/olive complexion, in her mid-20s, with a thin build, with straight shoulder-length brown hair, wearing a pink blouse.
The man is described as having a brown/olive complexion, darker than the woman's, in his mid-20s, with a thin build, with straight, short, dark-brown hair, wearing a black shirt.
The car is described as a four-door light-blue sedan.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Constable Gord Reid, 14 Division