Man, 27, arrested in convenience store Robbery investigation, Church Street and Wellesley Street East area, Faces six charges
Wednesday, February 1, 2017 - 9:53 AM
Hold Up4: 16-808-7350
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest in a Robbery investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, December 24, 2016, a man armed with a box cutter knife entered a convenience store in the Church Street and Wellesley Street East area.
- he approached the 19-year-old male cashier and demanded money
- the cashier resisted and a fight ensued
- after a lengthy struggle, the cashier managed to overpower the accused and remove him from the store
- the accused fled the scene without obtaining anything
- the cashier received minor injuries as a result of being cut by the accused’s weapon
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017, Stefan Bovaconti, 27, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) Robbery with an offensive weapon
2) Possession of a Weapon
3) Mischief Under
4) three counts of fail to comply with probation
He is scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Staff Inspector Mike Earl, Hold Up