Police requested assistance with Fraud Over $5000 investigation, Update, Man, 57, and woman, 54, surrender to police
Thursday, January 5, 2017 - 11:32 AM
Financial Crimes: 416-808-7310
On Friday, December 30, 2016, Toronto Police Service Financial Crimes requested the public's assistance identifying two suspects in a mortgage fraud investigation.
It was alleged that:
- during September 2015, a man and a woman attended a mortgage broker's office in the Warden Avenue and Sheppard Avenue East area
- they applied for a second mortgage on a property in the amount of $200,000
- the mortgage broker was able to find financing through a mortgage lender and a second mortgage was registered on the home
- they received $200,000 through their real estate lawyer
See previous release.
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017, Sivakumar Kumaravelu, 57, and Naguleswary Sivakumar, 54, both of Markham, surrendered to police.
They were arrested and charged with:
1) Fraud over $5000 (jointly)
They are scheduled to appear in court at 1001 Finch Avenue West, on Friday, February 24, 2017, 1 p.m., room 301.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7310, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Adkin Holder, Financial Crimes