Public Safety Alert, Kijiji seller targeted in robbery
Friday, February 12, 2016 - 1:13 PM
54 Division: 416-808-5400
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a robbery investigation.
It is reported that:
- a 28-year-old man advertised a necklace for sale on Kijiji
- he was contacted by someone interested in purchasing his necklace
- over a period of several days, they discussed the price and made arrangements to meet for the sale
- the 28-year-old man met the prospective purchaser on the street in the Strathmore Boulevard and Woodington Avenue area
- he showed the necklace to the prospective purchaser
- the prospective purchaser took a handgun from the waistband of his pants, pointed it at the 28-year-old man, and demanded the necklace
- the man fled on foot with the stolen necklace
Members of the public are advised to exercise caution when selling/purchasing items online and meeting with unknown persons to complete sales. Police suggest all transactions should be conducted in a public place.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Jim Gotell, 54 Division