Monday, January 11, 2016
Toronto Centre for Sustainable Unified Neighbourhoods – TorSUN Project
Toronto Centre for Sustainable Unified Neighbourhoods –TorSUN Project
On January 27th, MPP Glen Murray’s office will launch the TorSUN Project, phase 2 of the Toronto Centre Community Planning Process. TorSUN is a platform created to bring residents, businesses and community groups together to track emissions, learn about environmental resources for home and work and communicate with each other to creatively foster a sustainable plan for Toronto Centre. The project will commence on January 27th, with the launch of the new torontocentreplan.org website. The TorSUN Project will provide resources for constituents of Toronto Centre to work together, aiming to be Canada’s first urban carbon neutral community.
· Set emissions goals for your household
· Track emissions
· Learn about clean tech resources for your home or business
· Contribute to the future health and wellness of your family
· Reduce living expenses
· Make sustainability goals and plans for the future of your community
· Help contribute to our goal of being the first urban carbon neutral community in Canada!
Date: Wednesday, January 27th
Location: Sears Atrium at 245 Church Street, George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre, Ryerson University. 3rd floor just off elevators
This will be the first of 3 launches for the project. This launch is specifically for residents in the western region of Toronto Centre including the BCCA, Church and Wellesley, BENA and Garden District neighbourhoods.