|Toronto Police Service|
Fatal collision #7/2015, Sherbourne Street, south of Dundas Street East, Update, Man faces five charges, Public and media assistance pivotal in investigation
Friday, February 20, 2015 - 6:40 PM
Traffic Services: 416-808-1930
On Wednesday, February 18, 2015, at 1:06 a.m., police responded to a personal injury collision at Sherbourne Street, south of Dundas Street East .
It is alleged that:
- a 2012 Acura TL, was southbound on Sherbourne Street
- a 58-year-old woman was on Sherbourne Street, south of Dundas Street East
- the woman was struck by the vehicle
- the vehicle failed to remain at the scene of the collision
- the woman died of her injuries
On Friday, February 20, 2015, Tomas Velazco Pinedo, 31, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) Impaired driving causing death
2) Criminal negligence causing death
3) Dangerous driving causing death
4) Failing to stop cause death
5) Attempt to obstruct justice
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, February 21, 2015, 11 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1930, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS(8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Mark Pugash, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services