Toronto Police Service
Arrest made in year-long Regent Park shooting investigation, Elisha Corbin-Param, 22, faces 11 firearm-related charges
Friday, April 5, 2013 - 8:35 AM
51 Division: 416-808-5106
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, officers from the 51 Division Major Crime Unit arrested a man in connection with a shooting incident on January 5, 2012, at 11:20 p.m., in the Regent Park area.
It is alleged that:
- five shots were fired and a man sustained a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his leg
- on February 3, 2012, a Glock .40 calibre handgun seized by the TPS in an unrelated investigation was believed to have been used in the January 5, 2012, shooting
Officers of the 51 Division Major Crime Unit, after a year-long investigation, identified the suspect as Elisha Corbin-Param, of Toronto.
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, Elisha Corbin-Param, 22, of Toronto was arrested and charged with:
1. Attempt Murder While Using Certain Firearm
2. Aggravated Assault
3. Robbery While Armed With Firearm
4. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
5. Possession of a Restricted Firearm With Ammunition
6. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
7. Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
8. Weapons Dangerous
9. Carry Concealed Weapon
10.Careless Use of a Firearm
11.Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
He is scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Monday, April 15, 2013, 9 a.m.
Constable Wendy Drummond, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable David Oh, 51 Division